Deciding that it is a perfect time to hunt for a senior independent living community can be a tricky choice. Generally, families have many queries. During these unexpected times, even more, queries may occur. But we are here to address these queries and help you proceed with confidence.
If you started your hunt for senior independent living communities or retirement community before the Covid-19 outbreak, possibilities are your efforts have been put on one side. On the other hand, for many families, finding the right senior living community cannot wait for you.
When choosing the best senior living community, the number-one thing everyone should ask is, “what does the individual making the move want?” Next, are the geographic position and community approach right for the relatives? Make sure the community will fulfill the resident’s expectations in terms of mental & physical wellbeing.
Most prominently, now families should also request how the senior living community is dealing with the pandemic. This will give you a sense of how approachable and organized the management and staff is in an emergency condition.
What best senior living communities are doing during a crisis:-
The well-being and comfort in the best senior living communities are a high priority. These communities instituted immediate measures to help keep inhabitants and staff safe from the virus, including:
• Visits are controlled to essential visitors (medical service providers, hospital care providers, and visitors of residents who are at the end of life).
• Relatives are encouraged to visit with inhabitants online via different video call options.
• Unnecessary large group activities are postponed, but one-on-one and virtual activities are encouraged.
• Small group activities will keep social distancing procedures.
• Senior citizens and team are reminded to follow social distancing, regular hand washing & sanitization.
• Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are being delivered to residents’ rooms.
• Telehealth, telemedicine, and interventions are supported and encouraged.
Even if many senior citizen assisted living and retirement communities are closed for the visitors at this time of COVID 19, websites provide lots of information. So this is the best time to gather some best information and get a good comparison of senior living communities.
Bahri Estates is a reputed name in senior living communities. Their senior living communities are best and offering the best care to the residents, especially during this crisis. For the best experience, you can visit any of their retirement communities in Kodaikanal and Bangalore.